Monday, May 5, 2008

The 'Nature' of our home....


Ian and I have the opportunity on Sunday evenings to watch 1 T.V. show with our Children. We gather in the 'family' room (the room our family designed,built and decorated together)to watch Extreme Makeover If you have never had the chance to view this show, we would encourage you to do so! You will need a blanket to snuggle up (big enough for everyone)and a box of tissues.
This week, while we were waiting for the program to begin we had some time to discuss the robin's nest that was built on our half moon window. I spoke to the children of how hard the daddy robin worked to find a safe place and make the nest strong,firm and comfortable for the mama robin. Then we discussed how the mama sat on that nest and laid 4 beautiful eggs (one at a time.) Each day the mama would sit and warm those eggs, in the heat of the sun and the wet of the rain she sat, the daddy sitting on the fence not far off calling out once in awhile a warning. We spoke of how excited we were when we witnessed the first egg cracking then the second, third and finally the forth....all had survived and there little family was complete. I shared with the children this is how our family is....Their daddy works so very hard to make them a home that is strong,safe and comfortable. Mommy works hard to nurture and teach them and together we will all 'survive!'

3 comments:

WILBERT PUDDICOMBE said...

SO BEAUTIFUL ADRIENNE. GREAT ANALAGY.

Terri-Ann said...

I marvel at mothers with more experience than I, and the wonderful, natural teaching opportunities you find in every day life. These little glimpses into your life are teaching me lessons I pack away for when my children grow older. Thank you for sharing!

Channynba said...

How excited I am that you have a blog...and I loved your object lesson to the children.
I look forward to reading more.